Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A hat for Thayer and Megan's dress finished!

I finally finished Megan's dress today.  I think it turned out pretty nice.  The zipper part proved to be the most difficult, just as I thought it would.

One of the reasons I started this blog was to do the occasional step-by-step project.  I plan on making one to show how I re-attached the bodice without having to put a new zipper in. 

I will have more pictures later and hopefully some pictures to post of Meg wearing the dress.  She's so much cuter than my dress form anyway.  :)

(By the way, the skirt did not get longer.  The dress form got shorter.)


I also finished Thayer's hat.  He'd specifically asked for the long tassle on the end, which was a shame because before I put the tassle on the hat stood straight up.  He looked like a little gnome.  It was so cute!

This is kind of the same pattern I used for the other two boys' hats but I kept getting lost because there were no solid stripes so I ended up pretty much just making it up as I went along after the first 20 rows or so.  I did a decreasing row every 5 rows.  I would guess this is where place markers would have come in handy but I do think it turned out a good size for a younger child.


2 comments:

GirlyWarrior said...

Oh my goodness, the dress looks beautiful! Great job!

And the hat ... totally Thayertastic. Love how happy he looks about it too.

Crystal said...

Ruthie, you did such a great job on that dress. I love it. I want to send you my entire wardrobe and have you revamp it for me.